FAQ FAQ Search Search
Log me on automatically each visit    
Register Register Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Disk Inventory X Support Forum : Forum Index » Bugs and Odd Behaviour

Reply to topic
file info / focus problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefman

PostPosted: Sat 18 Mar, 2006 0:02    Post subject: file info / focus problem Reply with quote

hi -

first, DIX is great! i used to use disk surveyor from twilight software, but it was never updated for os x. so i was really happy to find DIX. (by the way, if you don't know disk surveyor, have a look, it has some nice features. it will run in classic).

anyway, i'm finding one frustrating behaviour with DIX, that it won't show the file information (below the finder-like list), when hovering over the tree map, unless the treemap has focus.

ok, easy enough to click on something in the treemap to give it focus. but then that expands the file listing on the left, and i can't see the layout i was trying to look at originally.

i wish the file information would display while hovering even if the tree map doesn't have focus. if that's not possible, then i wish there was a way to change focus to the tree map without clicking on a file in it; either a keyboard shortcut or an icon to do that. that would really make it much nicer to use!

thanks... <jeff
Tjark Derlien

PostPosted: Sat 18 Mar, 2006 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is one thing that is annoying me, too.
I'm sure there is a way to achieve this, but I haven't investigating enough yet Sad

I hope I will have fixed this in the next version.

- Tjark
jefman

PostPosted: Sat 18 Mar, 2006 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

i played around some more, and discovered that if you control-click on the treemap window (which brings up the context menu), then single-click somewhere else in the treemap window (thus dismissing the context menu), this will give focus to the treemap window without selecting anything in it.

it took me a while to discover this because i have a two-button mouse, so i never control-click, i right-click instead - which is supposed to be the same thing, i thought. however, right-clicking *does* select something in the treemap window. you have to use the control key on the keyboard.

it's not perfect, but it's a workaround for now... <jeff
Tjark Derlien

PostPosted: Sun 19 Mar, 2006 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip!
Didn't know that control-click and right click work differently (I too use a 2-button mouse)
Reply to topic    Disk Inventory X Support Forum : Forum Index » Bugs and Odd Behaviour All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: