FAQ FAQ Search Search
Log me on automatically each visit    
Register Register Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Disk Inventory X Support Forum : Forum Index » General Chat

Reply to topic
Missing unused disk space?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jiker

PostPosted: Mon 18 Dec, 2006 5:30    Post subject: Missing unused disk space? Reply with quote

I just downloaded DIX because i suspected there was something eating my disk space that i'd forgotten about. But once I ran it, I discovered there was nothing i didn't expect to be there.

The main DIX window shows all my disks, and the main disk in particular has a capacity of 77GB and 64.9GB are reported being used. This matches what "Get Info" reports on the drive, what a "df" command at the terminal displays, and also what Disk Utility says.

When I click DIX's "Open Volume", however, it shows the volume has 42.5 GB used, which (roughly) matches the numbers I get when i "Get Info" all folders in the volume separately and add them up.

Any ideas as to where my missing 22 GB are?
Tjark Derlien

PostPosted: Wed 20 Dec, 2006 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a problem that many users have: Disk Inventory X can only look into folders for which the user who launched the application has the right for.
Please try to use Pseudo to run DIX as root.
Reply to topic    Disk Inventory X Support Forum : Forum Index » General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: