FAQ FAQ Search Search
Log me on automatically each visit    
Register Register Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages
Disk Inventory X Support Forum : Forum Index » Bugs and Odd Behaviour

Reply to topic
Incorrect Folder Size Reported
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myachinghead

PostPosted: Wed 09 Feb, 2005 2:57    Post subject: Incorrect Folder Size Reported Reply with quote

First launch of DIX correctly shows my volume sizes, but incorrectly identifies my /sw directory (created and used by Fink for my XWindows stuff) as being 128TB in size! Needless to say, those proportional boxes are bowled over by the gargantuan /sw folder.

Recently used DiskWarrior to verify directory structure, so I don't think it's a disk problem. Any ideas? Thanks . . .
myachinghead

PostPosted: Wed 09 Feb, 2005 3:53    Post subject: Hold on . . . Reply with quote

Update: Seems the Finder is confused about this too, so I can't blame DIX. . . Get Info shows 4.7GB (140,742,095,819,482 bytes) - Yikes! Embarassed Guess I'll give DiskWarrior another go. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming . . .
Tjark Derlien

PostPosted: Mon 14 Feb, 2005 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a similar problem with a 256MB SD memory card. The Finder showed 128 TB (so did Disk Inventory X).
Don't know how this could happen....

Let me know if you have any further problems.
Reply to topic    Disk Inventory X Support Forum : Forum Index » Bugs and Odd Behaviour All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: